Thursday, December 8, 2011

Toebius "Toebe" Nixon

Hi everyone. Between working, running errands, visiting family for the holidays, and just trying to make sense from chaos I've also taken upon myself to keep my dog with me until mom comes a calling for us to come home for Christmas.


This is Toebius, or Toebe as my mom preferred. A black and white cocker spaniel, with the brain of a deer. I say this because he is deafly afraid of strangers (and yes, I've tried everything from walks to food for 8 years now and nothing seems to really work) and whenever someone pets him he gets this deer in headlights look. But even with the constant whine from his crate at 5 am every morning to go out to potty,  and the "I'm so terrified of everything so the only thing I can think of is to run through the apartment and knock everything over in an effort to get away" and the "Oh, you have food? I'll just jump up on the couch next to you and proceed to stare you in the face and sniff unsettling close at each spoonful you put in your mouth until you either give it to me, or have to force me off the couch", he's still brought more humor to my little two bedroom home in the last week than there was before Adventure Time and Regular Show had steady seasons on Cartoon Network.


No comments:

Post a Comment