Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy Birthday John

ELLO ALL! Been a few months, but don't worry. I've been pumping things like CRAZY!! So I guess it's true, word of mouth really is a big part of getting work in the art world. The majority of my work lately has been more illustration or graphic design based (missing my animation hard ): ), but I'm still happy to be doing what I enjoy the way I want.

The most recent piece that I really enjoyed doing even though it was VERY last minute was this birthday illustration I did for my newest friend John. He commissioned me to do an illustration of him as one of my little characters, "And make sure he has a blue mohawk... My mohawk use to be blue..." he told me. How could I decline?

Uh-John? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
I was going to give myself sometime to do it, but when I found out that after he asked me to do the commission his birthday was in three days, crazy KK decided "BIRTHDAY PRESENT!" There was still one big issue however. The next time I was going to see John would of been at least a week after his birthday, thus once again crazy me decides "I'll see him today... LETS MAKE IT EARLY!" And in about 3 hours time (90% of that was me melting my brain over what exactly he would like) I came up with this. Don't think I've ever seen John smile has hard as he did when I handed it to him, seeing as how he wasn't expecting it.

Needless to say, the next day I got a bit of a moving text message from him saying how it was one of the best things anyone had ever done or given to him. I know everyone has their reasons for doing art, but I have to say that for me, the best part is seeing the emotions that something as simple as a guy riding a dragon brings to the surface in a person. Call me soft, or a hippie, either way I'm more so glad that he liked it.

Now he has re-commissioned me to do part of a wall mural. OH-JOY!! lol I'll be getting those pictures tossed up here soon. Well, once I get them taken anyway. Oh, and be on the look out for some personal stuff I've been tossing around as well.

GOTTA LOVE THAT ART!!


No comments:

Post a Comment