Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Post Valentine's Day


Original drawing & Ink



Soo, yesterday was Valentine's Day. The day that many couple's love, and many singles despise. I spent my day of love cleaning and, well... finishing this drawing of me and some friends.

Two of my companions are very much in to the new My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, and they like to harass a male friend of ours about becoming a brony. Of course he rather dislikes the idea and usually us for picking at him about it. So some months ago I had drawn and inked this picture of the four of us as My Little Ponies, and then promptly forgot about it. But yesterday I stumbled upon it and decided that it could use some color. So I slapped into photoshop and did my own take on the coloring. I thought about making it in the exact style of the show, but then what is the point of having your own style if you don't use it, right?


Coloring it actually took me a bit longer to do than usual because of the whole inner debate I kept having with myself over if I should do it in the style of the show or not. But once I got started, I really liked the marker type effect I started to get and just decided to go with that.

Ya know... I rather like interpreting different shows/movie characters in my own way. Funny how I'm really just now discovering this, lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment